House fire in Grantham overnight
Firefighters from Grantham were called to a house fire in Harrowby Road, Grantham in the early hours of Tuesday morning (Jan 22).
The fire started due to an electrical fault in a Hot Point dish washer.
Severe fire damage was caused to the dishwasher and kitchen while much of the rest of the house was affected by smoke damage.
Fire fighters were called out at 2am and extinguished the fire using four breathing apparatus and a thermal image camera.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west