Sisters now repairing clothes for a third generation
Sisters Sandra Brown and and Heather Pearson have worked together since they left school and have run their tailoring, repairs and alterations business for 38 years.
The business, called Sandra’s, has been based in Wharf Road, Grantham, for 22 years and before that it was in London Road.
Sandra said: “I started the business when I left school. I started it on my own and when my younger sister left school she came to work with me.”
The sisters, both born in Grantham, have built up a loyal band of customers over the years. Sandra said: “As we get older we have customers who we used to see to do their school uniforms. Now we are seeing their children’s children to do their uniforms. It’s been a long time. Here’s to the next 20 years!”
Sandra’s is based at 24 Wharf Road. Call them on 01476 563924.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West