Thinking pink raises £2,000 for charity
A town centre cafe has raised more than £2,000 for Cancer Research UK.
Cafe Leo in Westgate raised the money with a charity day in November by selling Cancer Research merchandise and homemade pink cakes, as well as stalls, a balloon race and an evening meal.
Jessica Vincent of Cafe Leo thanked all the staff, customers and other local businesses who got behind the fund-raising drive.
She added: “We are very proud of this figure and hope to continue our trend of an annual charity day raising money for worthy charities. We now have a new target for this year’s charity day on Saturday, September 7, 2013.”
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west