Can you name this team?
CAN a reader help identify this old Grantham side?
That’s the question being asked by Journal reader Barrie Cox, whose great uncle, Harry Cox, is pictured in the middle row, third from the left.
Harry was killed while serving his country in Egypt in 1917.
There are some clues to the team’s identity; the side is from the 1913-14 season and the football is marked with the initials “S.C.T.F.C.”
Barrie said: “There were lots of teams that played on the half-day closing of shops. Could any of your readers help in identfying who this team might be?”
l Can you shed any light on the team pictured? Can you put any names to faces? Call the Journal on 01476 541431.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West