Comedy stars of the silver screen, Laurel and Hardy came to Grantham in 1952 to open the Chamber of Trade’s fair at the Guildhall.
The generous pair gave their services for a donation to charity.
They also dropped in to Colin Tipler’s High Street store.
Pictured in the background is Gladys Foster, wife of the chamber’s chairman, John Foster.
The couple went on to give many years of public service as borough, district and county councillors.