MEMORY LANE: Grantham factory girls made ball bearings

Ransome and Marles, 1953.
Ransome and Marles, 1953.

In 1953, these six ladies worked together at Ransome and Marles, which was situated on Springfield Road.

Pictured, from left, back – ? McDonald and Gill Pettit; front – Betty ?, Joyce ?, Nellie Gibson and ??.

The ball bearing factory closed in 1957 when production moved to Newark.