MEMORY LANE: Grantham pub became a car parts dealership

Crown and Anchor
Crown and Anchor

Pictured is the former Crown and Anchor public house in Swinegate.

Photographed in 1983, it was when the building was being used as a parts depot for motor dealership R. M. Wright.

Crown and Anchor

Crown and Anchor

The back end of a Mk III Ford Cortina can be seen at the side of the building.

The other picture shows the pub shortly after the last pint was ever pulled, way back in 1936.