Memory Lane: Post-WWII images of Grantham Tennis Club champions

Grantham Tennis Club
Grantham Tennis Club

ollowing on from Memory Lane a fortnight ago, when the Journal featured the reunion of two old Grantham Tennis Club friends, Babette Hay and Ethel Hewes, after the publication of a mid-Fifties photo of them as part of a winning team, the club has this week found another old snapshot.

It depicts Grantham’s club champions from just after the Second World War in 1946.

Two of the trophies in the picture, the Mixed and Ladies’ Doubles cups, are still competed for to this day at Grantham Tennis Club’s new state-of-the-art facilities at Arnoldfield.