Caricature: Grantham PCSO Alfie Kent
Alfie Kent is a familiar face about town.
That’s because 10 years ago he became a traffic warden and for the last six years he has covered every inch of Grantham as a police community support officer.
Alfie said: “I enjoy my job and meeting the people of Grantham as I walk about town. Moving to Grantham was one of the best decisions I ever made. I look upon my job as giving something back to the people of Grantham.”
Alfie, originally from Plymouth, joined the RAF in 1969 as an aircraft mechanic, starting at RAF Wyton in Cambridgeshire working on Comets and Canberras. He also met his wife there. His last posting was at RAF Waddington where he worked on the Sentry AWACs aircraft. During his time in the air force he spent 12 years working on Harriers, his favourite type of aircraft. He retired from the RAF after 35 years, having worked all over the world.
Alfie and his wife have a daughter. He is a keen golfer and in 2011 he stood as an independent candidate in the SKDC election.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West