Feeling blue? Pick up a mood-boosting read
Avoid the January blues with a mood-boost courtesy of the Reading Agency, a charity which aims to inspire people to read more.
If you are feeling stressed, depressed or just want a bit of a pick-me-up, boost your mood with a recommended read.
From novels to non-fiction, and from poetry to graphic novels, there is something for every taste and every mood.
Lincolnshire County Council is supporting the initiative, with mood-boosting books being made available in the county’s libraries.
Many colleges, hospitals and workplaces around the county are also getting behind the scheme. Employers keen to show their support are invited to promote mood-boosting books by getting in touch with the charity and requesting a goodie pack.
More information on the scheme can be found at www.readinggroups.org/moodboosting
Readers can post their book recommendations via Twitter by tagging #moodboosting
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal columnist: Jacob Stuart
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North