Grantham Journal Eating Out review: Christmas in a baguette a perfect winter warmer at Cafe Leo
I sometimes think it’s a tad unfair to judge a place you’ve just popped into for a quick lunch – but when you’ve eaten the greatest sandwich of your life . . .
I stepped into Cafe Leo on a cold and snowy afternoon in Grantham and was swiftly given a warm welcome by the friendly staff.
Even before I’d taken my seat I’d made up my mind what I was ordering.
On the specials board behind the counter was a chicken, stuffing and cranberry baguette – yes please!
It arrived looking spectacular –mouth-watering – and it tasted even better. It was like eating a Christmas dinner in a sandwich! (I know it’s chicken and not turkey but it is January and chicken is superior anyway!).
The chicken was hot, perfectly cooked and soft breast with delicious stuffing and a hint of cranberry sauce. Better still, it came with its own little pot of extra cranberry. I love my cranberry s0 crammed the lot in there.
All it lacked for me was a little pot of gravy to pour over the top – although that would have made it a bit of a messy lunch.
Maybe the coleslaw could have been replaced with a Yorkshire pudding too but that would probably alienate all of their non-me customers.
I must confess it’s the first time I’ve popped in since the new ownership and I will definitely be returning.
ttttt (Out of five)
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west