Song for Marion on screen at The Reel, Grantham
The cream of British acting comes to the fore in Song for Marion (PG) at the Reel this week.
The film tells the heart-warming story of a loving marriage between grumpy pensioner Arthur, played by Terence Stamp, and ever-cheerful but terminally-ill Marion, played by Vanessa Redgrave.
The film is directed by Paul Andrew Williams, who made the violent thriller London to Brighton and a few other thrillers before making a complete U-turn with this very British story.
Critics have likened it to a montage of other British films such as Quartet, Brassed Off, Calendar Girls and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.
The film also stars Gemma Arterton and Christopher Eccleston.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west