RESIDENTS are advised to protect their homes against flooding.
Advice has been issued by Lincolnshire County Council, and includes:
* Be aware of the latest news, weather reports and any flood warning in force from the Environment Agency;
* Ensure that you understand the flood warning system;
* If flooding is imminent, turn off gas, electricity and water at the mains;
* Unplug electrical items and move them upstairs if possible;
* Move furniture and any sentimental items upstairs if possible;
* Install sandbags and/or flood boards to external doors, cover up airbricks;
* If there are any vulnerable neighbours living nearby ensure that they are also prepared;
* Ensure safety of pets and animals.
* Confirm that you are properly insured under the terms and conditions of your insurance polcy.
For further advice on what to do in the event of flooding, visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk