An earthquake was felt in Grantham and elsewhere tonight, just before 10.30pm.
Social networking sites are awash with tweets and posts about the tremors, felt around the south of the county. Reports are also coming in of tremors felt in Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire.
The earth moved for plenty of the Journal’s Twitter followers and Facebook friends. Here’s what some of them had to say:
* Cate Moore @cate_a_moore - felt more like a blast than an earthquake. Not that I’ve ever experienced an earthquake.
* Chris Lewis @Cyberneticist - Think there was pre-quake about 9:45 before it too-noises like stones dropping down metal flue
* Muriel Sowden @MurielSowden - Felt tremor for several seconds and everything rattled I.n house
* Tom Graves @TomGraves - Felt in Ancaster
* Hannah Pritchard @hannah_pxoxo - Felt in Manthorpe Estate
* Nicholas Smith @MaryandnickNs - Yes felt the shock and heard the noise afterwards whole house shook I Maltings Lane Grantham
* Rosemarie @iarlalearning - felt it in gt gonerby. Apparently felt in leicester too according to friends there.
* 《Mavis》 @Mavistroffa - house shook top to bottom
* Faith Shetland @FaithShetland - Felt a bit like a single explosion/crash rather than a long earthquake. Freaky whatever it is!!
* Sarah Doyle @Singing_Ginger - Felt it here in Ropsley. Like a long huge lorry going past. #earthquake
* Lewis Dixon @lewdixon1 - sure did, would have preferred snow though.
* Tanisha Molly - 22 with a house and two kids living in my own ... And being young minded already think the house is haunted just to have my whole room shook whilst enjoying a quiet bit of Corrie safe to say I’ve just had puppies lmfao! First experience for everything I suppose lol
* Emma Savage - Felt bugger all but the lights flickered Emma Savage Felt bugger all but the lights flickered
* Yvonne Whincup - Upset the dog! Also felt in Lincoln, Bourne and Melton!