£350k investment in furniture firm
A £350,000 investment into a Grantham furniture manufacturer will create new jobs.
The Quality Furniture Company (QFC) has invested in the wood mill area of its Alma Park factory, to expand its capacity and bring more of the manufacturing process back to Grantham from Eastern Europe.
Operations director David Bramwell said: “This new investment will help us to become even more competitive, creating new jobs in the coming months and years.”
The investment includes the installation of a £170,000 beam saw, a state-of-the-art machine which cuts sofa components from plywood and chipboard.
l Further good news for QFC is the success of its apprenticeship scheme. Pupils of the Priory Ruskin Academy attended a recent open day to find out more about the firm. Following a video, tour of the plant and presentations by managers, they were informed of three appenticeship vacancies and invited to apply.
For information on apprenticeships at the factory, call Janet Shrapel on 01476 514805.
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West