Former Grantham Italian restaurant Sorrento’s to become lounge bar
An Italian restaurant which closed at the weekend will be turned into a bar.
Sorrento’s, in Market Place, Grantham, closed on Saturday after its owners decided to retire from the business. Paul Bunn has taken over the lease and aims to re-open the venue as Rumours Lounge Bar at the beginning of April.
Mr Bunn has taken on the lease with business partner Dean Ward who also runs Barcode in Westgate.
Mr Bunn said: “Everything is in place and it all seems to be going ok. A lot of the older bars in town are closing down and the newer ones like Oscars, the Cider Bar and Eden are doing well and its those kind of places in the market square that will be packed in the summer. It’s a brilliant location.”
Rumours Lounge Bar will sell a wide range of wines as well as beers, Champagne and cocktails. A bar will be built at the back of the building where the kitchen in Sorrento’s used to be and the upper floor will be turned into a VIP/function room for hire. The bar will have tables and chairs outside for customers in the summer. There are also plans to sell food.
Mr Bunn is giving up his business, P. W. Bunn Carpets, which he has been running for nine years. He is passing on the business to carpet fitter Gary Riley. Mr Bunn’s wife, Tammy, will continue to run the Blue Bull pub in Westgate while he concentrates on setting up the new bar.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North