Giant beer can tanker is Grantham firm’s flagship vehicle
Pub-goers could be forgiven for thinking they’re wearing beer goggles on laying eyes on this unique tanker.
The giant beer can tanker is the latest addition to the fleet at Grantham-based distribution firm Treasure Transport Services, and can hold over 52,000 pints.
Treasure, based at Gonerby Moor, specialises in bulk liquids for the food and drink industry, so when company MD Peter Greenhalgh decided to buy another vehicle, he commissioned the unique double-can tanker as the company’s flagship.
He said: “Bulk liquids, especially beer, have always been a speciality for us. We thought it was a great idea to shout about our expertise in a pretty obvious way.“
The tanker was designed and fabricated to the company’s specification before Treasure beer livery was applied.
Mr Greenhalgh said: “It looks fantastic; it’s everything we hoped it would be.
“The cans look absolutely authentic, right down to the giant ring-pull on the top! We’ve had some great looks from people as they pass by.”
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west