Major Grantham road to close for bridge repairs
The bridge across the River Witham on Bridge End Road, Grantham, will be closed to traffic from Monday, March 25, for three weeks for maintenance work.
Diversions will be in place for motorists passing through town. The work is scheduled to finish on April 15.
David Walton, client and contracts service manager at Lincolnshire County Council, said: “During routine maintenance in 2012, we identified a waterproofing problem with the A52 (Bridge End Road) bridge but we were not in a position to carry out the work at that point due to other planned works in the area. Work to fix this problem will now start on March 25 and will be completed by April 15. Local diversions will be in place.
“We are waterproofing the deck of the bridge. This involves taking up the road surface, cleaning the concrete deck and then spraying it with a liquid resin compound, and then resurfacing it with the road.
“We apologise to motorists for any inconvenience that this work may cause, but we have scheduled this maintenance around the half-term school holiday to minimise disruption.”
Traffic passing through town on the A52 heading west will be diverted along the B6403 High Dyke to Ancaster and then via the A153 to Grantham, and vice-versa.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal columnist: Jacob Stuart
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North