Chip pan fire causes damage to Grantham home

0
Have your say

Grantham firefighters attended a chip pan fire at Tamar Court in the town on their return from another incident last night.

The crew were returning from Lymn Court where they had put out a large quantity of rubbish on fire at about 9pm. The fire at Tamar Court caused heat and smoke damage to the kitchen and ground floor of the property and fire damage to the cooker hood.

The fire was caused by a chip pan being left unattended. Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue has fire safety advice at http://microsites.lincolnshire.gov.uk/lfr/safety-/fire-safety-in-the-home/being-safe-at-home/