South Kesteven District Council cabinet wants to clarify wind energy policy
SOUTH Kesteven District Council’s cabinet met on Monday and approved the decision to put a Wind Energy Consultation Document out to public consultation.
The members said the document, on which they hope to receive feedback, should help to clarify the council’s position on wind turbines.
This followed a statement by Lincolnshire County Council, which announced its intention to halt to “the unrestrained invasion of wind turbines across Lincolnshire”.
Chairman of the cabinet Linda Neal said: “The statement that Lincolnshire County Council has made has received a lot of support within the community. We need to be very clear that the county council is not the planning authority, they don’t have to make the decisions like South Kesteven District Council will have to do in the future. We can’t have a blanket statement. Each application will be assessed on its own merit. When the county council statement came to cabinet for approval the officers were not prepared to put their name to that statement, they know their professionalism can’t support it. It is nothing more than a political statement. But it does muddy the waters for us.
“People think they understand what it means, but it doesn’t mean what they think. They thought there would not be any more wind farms in the county on the basis of that statement, clearly we all know that is not the case. It’s proved to be misleading to the community.”
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west