Four firefighters from Corby Glen have been commended for saving the lives of three young adults in a house fire in the village.
At an awards ceremony held last night (Thursday) by Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue, the actions of watch manager Bryan Lynch, crew manager Gary Hazlewood and firefighters Brian Walsingham and Ruairi Lennon were praised.
Prior to receiving commendations from the service’s chief fire officer, the audience heard how on August 2 last year they managed to find three casualties in a house filled with smoke.
This newspaper reported on the incident at the time, telling how 22-year-old Rosie Spilberg had become trapped upstairs as the flames which started from a faulty tumble dryer in the utility room quickly took hold.
She was rescued through a window, while two friends were led to safety down the stairs and through the front door.
Rosie had been home with five friends staying over while her family were away on a camping holiday in Devon.
All six were safely rescued.
A spokesman for the fire and rescue service said: “The swift, decisive and brave actions of the crew undoubtedly saved the lives of those rescued from the building and contributed to the best possible outcome of a significant house fire.
“By their actions they showed professionalism to the highest standards of Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue.”
The family stayed elsewhere in the village while smoke and flood damage to their home was repaired.