Later this month roadworks are due to start which will close the bridge linking Belton Lane with Manthorpe Road in both directions.
County and district councillor Ray Wootten has delivered letters to people in Lodge Way and Manthorpe Road warning of the likely disruption and increase in traffic on an already busy stretch of road.
The bridge over the River Witham will be closed in both directions from July 25 to the end of August. However, the roadworks in the area will begin on July 15.
Coun Wootten said: “I urge residents to plan for the extra time that their journeys will take whilst this essential upgrade to the junction is carried out.”
Coun Wootten’s letter reads:
Starting on or around July 15 there will be road improvements to the junction of Manthorpe Road/Belton Lane. These will include the following –
1. Junction realignment to improve capacity
2. New signals with new equipment and full pedestrian facilities
3. Upgrade of existing pedestrian crossing facility
4. Resurfacing of the bridge
5. Resurfacing of the carriageway
6. Extensive sign renewal/de-clutter in this area.
These works will mean that the bridge across the River Witham is closed to two way traffic from July 25 until the end of August.