Car owners have been urged by Lincolnshire Police to remember to lock up as thefts from insecure motor vehicles provide an easy opportunity for criminals.
Thieves will randomly try car doors and windows that are left open to access vehicles and take anything of worth from inside, so police are urging people to remember to secure their cars and any other vehicles.
Advice to prevent becoming a victim of theft from an insecure vehicle includes:
* Always lock the doors and close the windows when you park your car, even when it is locked in your garage or on your driveway. It is essential that you do this, even if you’re just stepping out of your car for a few minutes. Don’t give anyone an excuse to target your vehicle.
* Park your car in a well-lit area, where it can be seen by passers-by at night.
* Never leave anything on display in your vehicle. Even small change could pose an attractive target for opportunist thieves.
* Ensure that you remove your stereo system, if you can when leaving your vehicle.
* Always remember to remove sat navs, including the support cradle and the suction pad. Remember to wipe away any suction pad marks left on the windscreen.