Paedophile Richard Bullimore is still pleading his innocence more than a decade after he was sentenced to 15 years in prison for the rape and sexual abuse of young girls.
Following the protest on Uplands Drive on Sunday afternoon in which people called for him to leave town, the Journal spoke to Bullimore.
He claims he was set up and said: “I am innocent and that’s all there is to it. I did 10 years in prison for a crime I didn’t commit.”
In February 2002, Bullimore, who was 53 at the time, was convicted of four sample charges of rape and also found guilty of five charges of indecent assault. He denied all the offences which related to incidents between January 1986 and March 27, 2001.
The prosecution said four girls had made complaints against Bullimore and all were under the age of 12.
Bullimore, who was released from prison early last year, said he wanted to move away from Grantham with the help of the council.
See today’s Journal for more reports on this story.