A 16-mile walk to get to work at Grantham College!
TWO staff members from Grantham College walked from Newark to Grantham last week as part of the National Walk to Work Week.
Sally Thomas and Jane Naylor, who both live in Newark, had to get up at 5.35am to start the 16-mile walk to the college that took them through Balderton, Claypole, Dry Doddlington, Marston, Barkston and Belton.
When they arrived at the college at 9.55am they were greeted by the cheers of staff and students.
Sally, who works in the sports department at the college, and Jane, who is part of the travel and tourism department, took part in the walk to raise money for the Walk to Work cause and for the National Parkinson Foundation. So far they have raised £400 for the two charities.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West