Grantham academy build forges ahead
The latest phase in the construction of Grantham’s Priory Ruskin Academy, in Rushcliffe Road, has just been completed.
On March 14, the student council, members of staff and coun Ray Wootten visited the construction site for the new building.
A spokesman said: “As part of the process of engaging the students with the new build they were asked to sign the first length of steel that had been put in place.”
The academy is currently split between two sites but once the £13.5 million school has been constructed it will be on one site, accommodating around 1,200 pupils.
The build had originally been scheduled for completion by September this year but was delayed until February 2014 due to planning issues between the school and neighbours.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- District Council flag at half-mast marking death of Margaret Thatcher
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North