Faulty security device filled Grantham High Street flat with smoke

Fire fighters were called to reports of smoke above Phones 4 U in Grantham High Street.
Fire fighters were called to reports of smoke above Phones 4 U in Grantham High Street.

A FAULTY security device, which let off smoke, caused chaos in Grantham High Street this morning when four fire crews were called to the scene.

It is not known what activated the Smoke Cloak, which filled the flat above the Phones 4U store with smoke just before 8am.

The pavement and one lane of the road at the junction of the High Street, Avenue Road and St Peter’s Hill was closed while the firefighters investigated the incident.