Thanks to the wonderful efforts of fund-raisers, we are able to send 10 terminally ill children to Lapland this Christmas, where they will meet Santa Claus.
We are now inviting applications for places on the flight, leaving East Midlands Airport on December 11, organised by national charity When You Wish Upon A Star.
The charity has allocated 10 places to poorly children living in the Grantham Journal news coverage area after £10,000 was raised for the Journal Children’s Fund: Christmas Cracker Appeal.
Instructions on how to apply for a place are at the bottom of this page. Applicants must meet all the criteria set out by When You Wish Upon A Star.
This really is a magical, once-in-a-lifetime trip which will see youngsters meet Father Christmas, embark on a sleigh ride, meet Rudolph in the Magical Forest, hop on a snowmobile and play in the snow...plus much, much more.
This is an opportunity to give children living with a life-threatening illness a break from their troubles, a chance to forget their conditions and enjoy a special day.
How to apply:
Send an application letter to: Christmas Cracker Appeal, Grantham Journal, 46 High Street, Grantham, NG31 6NE by the closing date of September 30, 2013. The first 10 applicants to fit the criteria will be successful in gaining a place on the trip to Lapland on December 11. Successful applicants will be notified by the Grantham Journal. Following this, When You Wish Upon A Star will forward all necessary forms to successful applicants.
The following information must be included:
* Full name or parent/guardian
* Full address
* Contact details – home and mobile
* E-mail address
* Child’s name
* Age of child
* Illness of child
* Consultant’s full contact details
* Hospital attended.
Terms and conditions:
* Applicants must be available to travel Wednesday, December 11, 2013 (hotel accommodation is available near East Midlands Airport the evening before, where the plane will depart).
* Applicants must be aged between four and 16 and living with a life-threatening illness.
* Applicants must be able to travel with one parent/guardian.
* Applicants must never have gone on any previous Lapland trip with When You Wish Upon A Star.
* A media disclaimer must be signed for press releases and media coverage.
* It is a strictly no smoking trip.
* The charity reserves the right to cancel the trip.
* Wheelchair accessibility – must be ambulant.
* Child/parent / guardian must have a valid passport.
* Closing date for applications September 30, 2013.