Cats are going missing from an area of Gonerby Hill Foot - and neighbours believe they are being poisoned.
A family living in Cliffe Road were shocked when their cat began foaming at the mouth and being sick sick. An emergency visit to see a vet revealed that cat food he had eaten was laced with rat poison.
Owner Emma Price said: “We were lucky he came home and we got him to the vets quickly.”
Emma knows of a neighbour whose cat has gone gone missing, plus she has received two fliers through the door asking after missing moggies. She wants to warn pet-owners in the area to be vigilant.