Grantham Journal letter: Everyone else went about their business in the snow
The recycling bins in Grantham were not emptied last week because of the “adverse conditions”. Why?
The excuse was, the bin lorries couldn’t get around the roads! Buses were running, other people were going about their normal business. I drove nine miles to work on Monday morning in the “adverse conditions”.
They were allegedly sent to grit the footpaths. I don’t know where, because the footpaths I have seen are still packed with snow and ice and why was the High Street footpaths still icy?
Come on council, get your act together.
Annoyed Council Tax payer
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west