Grantham Journal letter: Fuel is too expensive
HOW come that when someone starts complaining about petrol prices, the supermarkets etc then have a price war to reduce the cost of petrol/diesel?
I have noted that in the last two months the petrol at Sainsbury’s has gone up every week by 1p a litre every week. It is now at 137.9.
Petrol and diesel should be reduced as it is a very expensive commodity that everyone needs. Take children to school, visit people in hospital and family in care homes...you need a vehicle.
If we want to go shopping, it’s a 20-mile round trip...so our shopping costs us £10 extra because of fuel prices.
Why hit those that can ill afford it? Everything has to come from the docks to the supermarket...by lorry...which uses diesel...and diesel prices...KEEP GOING UP!!
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west