Grantham Journal letter: Long wait to see a doctor
I was just wondering if I am the only person in Grantham who is utterly fed up with attitude of Harrowby Lane Doctors Surgery?
It is virtually impossible to get an appointment at the surgery these days, whenever you phone up desperate to see a doctor, you get told you have to attend an open surgery in the morning between the hours of 8am and 10am. That’s all well and good if you don’t work for a living, but if you get there at 8am , as I did with my two-year-old son a few weeks ago, you get told to join the queue and wait until the doctors arrive at 8.30am.
The problem is if you don’t get there at exactly 8am, you will end up having to wait well over an hour to be seen, as the surgery is normally jam packed. It’s a completely silly and frustrating system that does nothing for patient satisfaction.
Whatever you do though, don’t dare call up and ask for an appointment after 10am, because you will feel the wrath of the receptionists, who will demand to know why you cannot attend the morning open surgery. And, if you reason isn’t good enough, you will be told you can only have an appointment if it’s deemed urgent. But it’s then up to you to decide what is deemed urgent and what’s not - like you’re the expert?
Take my advice, wait until the surgery closes and call the out-of-hours service at Grantham hospital. They’re much better, more polite, understanding and professional.
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west