Grantham Journal Letter: Tax-payers’ money wasted on silence
I’m outraged at the behaviour of East Midlands Strategic Health Authority and once again, according to BBC Radio Lincolnshire, our erstwhile MP was, as usual, “unavailable for comment”. What a surprise!
Nearly a million pounds of tax-payers’ money, which should have been used to care for the sick in Lincolnshire, was misappropriated to silence a man of principle and protect at least two senior people, who put targets before patients.
They were promoted to the top of the NHS, one of whom, according to the national newspapers, is now in charge of the new Commissioning Board for the GP-led NHS. The other is the head of the NHS, presumably appointed by this coalition Government.
It is no wonder Nick is unavailable for comment! What about, “Sack those two at the top and put Gary Walker in charge”? That would be an appropriate comment. Not many brownie points in that though is there Nick?
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- District Council flag at half-mast marking death of Margaret Thatcher
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North