Grantham Journal Letter: The worst place for dog mess
Further to recent correspondence about dog mess.
As someone who is a newcomer to town, I wonder how many people realise how bad the problem is here?
I have lived in London (35 years), Cambridgeshire, and Grantham (three years).
Without any question of doubt, this is the worst place for dog waste. Litter is also on a par with London.
As for the people who are bagging their pet’s waste, then throwing it on the floor, what is their rationale? I regularly pick up a carrier bag of litter in five minutes along Hills and Hollows to Harrowby Playing Field route.
If social responsibility doesn’t work, license someone to fine. A profit would be guaranteed.
Also add a few dog bins around the area.
From a dog owner who does the right thing.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- District Council flag at half-mast marking death of Margaret Thatcher
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North