Grantham Journal letter: Would firefighters use the same excuse as council gritters?
I was just thinking how the snow and ice has stopped bin lorries collecting the bins yet again and wondered if one of the houses caught fire, would the fire brigade use the same excuse and refuse to drive down the ungritted road?
The logical decision is for the council to send a gritter down the road ahead of the lorry.
Main Street, Hougham
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West