Maggie deserves better than silly television puppet
MARGARET Thatcher was a great Prime Minister and yes she should be honoured in the town of her birth, but not with a silly puppet.
A statue should be commissioned or a prominent building named after her.
Every Labour government in history has left the country’s finances in a worse situation than when they came to power. The finances were in a terrible mess and unions seemed to think they ruled the country before the 1979 election.
Mrs Thatcher was very good at pointing out that we must live by our means, but there are too many people that don’t like to hear that.
Plus therre are too many men who still think it’s OK to treat women as joke.
The museum should have a prominent display of our most famous daughter, but definitely not a silly puppet.
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West