Shameful turnout at Festival for Heroes in Grantham
TO the people of Grantham ... as a garrison town, supported for many years by the armed forces, on the one occasion you have to thank them and to show support to all the men and women who serve with them, you decided not to bother.
Last weekend a lot of people put in a lot of hard work to put on a fantastic two-day event, Festival for Heroes, with an evening concert, together with a firework display, to support the charity Help for Heroes.
It was a shameful turnout. Grantham you should be ashamed. I was someone who did go.
I THOMAS, Wheatgrass Lane, Grantham
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West