Addict mum stole meat one day after another
A DRUG-addicted mum-of-two stole meat on two consecutive days from the same Grantham store.
Caren Patel of Kipling Close, Grantham stole three joints of meat from the Co-op store in Dysart Road on May 12.
She then returned to the same store the following day and again attempted to steal food items, including meat.
Daniel Paulson, prosecuting, said: “In interview she made full admissions and said she stole to fund her drug habit.”
The court heard Patel had two previous convictions for shop theft, the most recent being from April of last year.
Patel, 30, was fined £70 and ordered to pay compensation of £25, a surcharge of £15 and £40 in costs.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west