Award-winning poet to appear at Grantham Museum
Award-winning poet Sue Gerrard it to appear at Grantham Museum later this month.
Sue has appeared at The Edinburgh Fringe Festival and as part of The Poet and the Painter she has staged 35 exhibitions throughout the North West including art galleries in Manchester and Liverpool.
She is the Poet in Residence at St Helen’s College and has published six collections of poetry.
Sue will be the attraction at two events on February 21 at Grantham Museum, the first being a creative writing and poetry workshop.
This session is designed for all those with an interest in developing their creative writing skills but is particularly targeted at GCSE, A Level and Open University students.
The session will run from 1pm to 3pm and will cost £2.50 for students, Grantham Writers Group, museum volunteers and members. All others will be charged £5.
The second event will be “An Audience With Sue Gerrard” and is a chance for the local community to enjoy Sue’s repertoire as she recites some of her key works, tells us about her life story and answers any questions.
Arrival at 7pm for 7.30pm start and tickets are £2.50 for students, Grantham Writers Group, museum volunteers and members, with all others at £5.
Tickets for both events are available through Grantham Museum and can be purchased in person during our opening hours of Thurs to Sat, 10am to 4pm, or by emailing email@example.com
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- District Council flag at half-mast marking death of Margaret Thatcher
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North