Bail after five weeks inside
MAGISTRATES agreed to grant bail to a man who has been remanded in custody for more than five weeks.
Jamie Hurt, of Wroxhall Drive in Grantham, faces charges of assault by beating, failing to surrender to bail and failing to answer to bail.
Despite representations from prosecutor Daniel Paulson stating concerns that the defendant would commit further crimes, fail to surrender to bail and interfere with witnesses, magistrates ageed to grant conditional bail.
Conditions are to reside at an address in Wroxhall Drive, obey a curfew of 7pm to 7am, and report to Grantham Police Station between 10am and 2pm each day. In addition, Hurt, 25, must not contact two named persons.
He must return on August 1.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- District Council flag at half-mast marking death of Margaret Thatcher
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North