Bitchfield Scarecrow Festival this weekend
BITCHFIELD Scarecrow Festival 2012 is likely to prove a popular draw again this weekend.
The annual event will be themed “Your 2012” - meaning participants can design a scarecrow based on anything that has inspired them during this year.
Organiser Martin Hewitt said: “There have been so many worthy events this year that we didn’t want to confine the entries to one of them.”
Last year 20 scarecrows packed the village and this year’s group will be judged by artist Roger Heaton.
From midday on Saturday the two villages of Bitchfield and Lower Bitchfield will be displaying the scarecrows, while from midday on Sunday, they will all be gathered around the church in Bitchfield.
In addition to the seasonal guests, on Saturday there will be a tombola and a bouncy as well as tea, coffee and homemade cakes.
On Sunday there will be a buffet meal, a bar, treasure hunt and a BBQ lunch. The final judging of the scarecrow entries will also take place on Sunday afternoon.
Tickets are £7.50 for adults, £5 for under 16s. The proceeds from the event go towards a fund to help replace a worn out and inefficient heating system for the village church. Last year, the event raised £740.
For tickets or more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Carol on 01476585170.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west