business centre ‘jewel in crown’
A new £4.1 million “Business Incubation Centre” has been given the go-ahead this week with councillors vowing it will help improve employment prospects in Grantham.
The new building is part of the Grantham Growth Point project and will be built in Wharf Road on the site currently occupied by Tanvic and Jewson to form a new-look Station Approach.
Paul Wheatley, head of regeneration at Lincolnshire County Council, said: “As it develops over the next few years Station Approach will become the economic crowning glory of Grantham Growth Point.
“If the Station Approach development is to be the crown of the Growth Point then I believe that the Business Incubation Centre should be seen as the jewel in the crown.”
The BIC will be operational by late 2014 and both the district and county council believe it will be a facility through which new businesses in Grantham are stimulated and supported over the next 20 years.
Coun Frances Cartwright, head of economic development at SKDC, said: “When this project is complete everyone will see how serious we are in our aspirations to improve employment prospects in Grantham.”
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal columnist: Jacob Stuart
- Train crash exercise under way in Claypole
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North