Cannabis plants worth £2 million found in factory set-up near Grantham
A cannabis factory with a grow estimated to have a street value of £2 million has been found in Langar.
The factory containing around 3,000 plants was discovered by Nottinghamshire Police on Tuesday, at Langar Industrial Estate, off Harby Road.
No one was at the premises when the plants were found and no one has been arrested in connection with the incident.
Sergeant Chris Jury said: “When officers entered the unit they were met with the sight of thousands of plants.
“It was very much a professional set-up that involved the use of high-tech lighting and watering equipment and paraphernalia.
“The plants are estimated to be worth millions of pounds and we have undoubtedly prevented a significant amount of drugs from reaching the streets of Nottingham.
“Police will act on any information about local criminality and I urge anyone with information about the illegal activity at Langar to call officers immediately.”
The factory has now been dismantled.
Witnesses or anyone with information is asked to call Nottinghamshire Police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West