Civic Society to tour burial ground
GRANTHAM Civic Society will open up the Manthorpe Road burial site on Sunday afternoon (Sept 9) as part of a heritage weekend.
Most of the burials in Manthorpe Road took place after 1812, when the burial ground at St Wulfram’s churchyard was full except for existing family graves.
The burial ground is a quiet and peaceful spot unknown to many people. The Civic Society has a list of the people buried where a gravestone is visible.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West