Consultation on future of Grantham Hospital has had 568 responses
The Shaping Health for Mid Kesteven Consultation on future services at Grantham Hospital has received 568 responses so far.
The consultation involves changes to A&E services and closing Grantham’s maternity unit.
The Shaping Health for Mid Kesteven consultation calls for Grantham to be stripped of its maternity services, asking to what extent you agree with their proposal.
The consultation then asks where you would like to see Grantham’s services moved to - Lincoln, Boston, QMC Nottingham or Peterborough.
Currently 2,370 women a year attend Grantham Hospital for their antenatal and postnatal care but the vast majority opt to give birth at other hospitals where they get direct access to obstetricians, anaesthetists and neonatologists and access to other specialist services such as epidurals for pain relief,
Campaign group SOS Grantham Hospital has launched a petition against the proposed changes, calling for:
- The return of a fully operational A&E Unit with only exceptional cases being transferred
- A consultant-led maternity unit at Grantham Hospital
- The provision of an Acute Stroke Unit so we have parity with Boston and Lincoln residents
- Return patient and carer transport to be provided where it is necessary to transfer patients for initial and follow up treatment.
An SOS Grahntham Hospital petition can be signed at the Grantham Journal offices in the High Street.
Take part in the consultation by logging on to www.surveymonkey.com/s/SHforMidK
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west