Court: Drink-drivers crashed into each other in Grantham
Two drink-drivers were caught by police when one crashed into the other in Grantham.
Lee Goddard of Norton Street in Grantham and Nathan Melton of Baysdale Grove in Grantham both admitted drink-driving.
The pair were spotted walking along Harlaxton Road in the early hours of January 7. Officers spoke to the pair and it was revealed that Goddard had crashed his Ford Focus into the back of Melton’s Ford Fiesta at the junction of Springfield Road and Harlaxton Road.
Melton was found to have 46mg of alcohol in 100ml of blood while Goddard was found to have 89mg in 100ml of blood.
Melton, 21, only gained his driving licence in October of last year.
Rory Macmillan, defending Melton, said: “This is clearly out of character for him and he is very sorry about what has happened.”
Chris Pye-Smith, defending Goddard, said: “I would ask that you give him credit for his co-operation with the police.”
Melton was fined £240 and ordered to pay a £24 surcharge and £85 in costs. He was disqualified from driving for 14 months.
Goddard, 24, was fined £305 and ordered to pay a £30 surcharge and £85 in costs. He was disqualified from driving for 24 months.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North