Court: Grantham woman released after being sentenced to jail
A woman who admitted six shop thefts was sentenced to 26 days in prison - but walked free from court due to time already served.
Nicole Fabre, of Bridge End Road, in Grantham, was released immediately after being sentenced as she had served 26 days on remand in custody.
The court heard how Fabre, 25, repeatedly walked into supermarket and off-licences in Grantham, selected alcohol from the shelves and brazenly walked out. In one case she stood outside a shop in London Road drinking the alcohol she had stolen moments earlier.
Chris Pye-Smith, defending, told the court Fabre’s was a “sad case”.
He added: “I think it is very important to remember these offences were all unsophisticated, low-level value matters where the defendant has stolen items - usually alcohol, sometimes food - and two if not three were committed in the middle part of last year.”
Magistrates sentenced Fabre to 26 days on each matter to run concurrently. She was released having already served the time whilst on remand.
Chair of magistrates Richard Spink told Fabre: “You have had a taste of custody and know what that means now so it’s up to you dear. It’s up to you.”
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West