Court: Man downed 10 beers and grabbed woman by the throat at a Grantham address
A man admitted carrying out an assault on a woman at an address in Grantham.
Gary Neil, of George Street in Grantham, admitted assault by beating following the incident on January 9.
The court heard Neil drank 10 beers during the day before attacking the woman.
Rory Macmillan, defending, said Neil was feeling frustrated at his job situation and difficulties in his relationship.
Mr Macmillan said: “He accepts at one point he grabbed her by the throat. When he came to his senses five or 10 seconds later he let her go.”
Mr Macmillan told the court Neil also admitted grabbing the victim by the arms and “pulling her to her feet”.
Mr Macmillan continued: “In the course of which she stumbled forward and fell into the fire place. That caused a bump to her head.”
Mr Macmillan said Neil felt remorse for his actions.
He said: “He feels very depressed. He would not feel comfortable about entering into a relationship with anybody until he learns to deal with things better.”
The case was adjourned until February 25 for pre-sentence reports.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west