Drink driver sent to Lincoln Prison
A driver who was stopped for drink driving on the A1 spent the night in jail.
Radoslaw Skonieczny, 37, admitted drink driving, without insurance and while disqualified on the A1 at Foston on December 16.
Police noticed the Mercedes, which he borrowed from a friend, as it pulled into services. They saw the bumper was hanging down so they went to speak to Skonieczny.
The officers smelt alcohol.
Skonieczny was disqualified for drink driving in May, he was caught again in August for driving whilst disqualified, failing to provide a sample and having no insurance. In September he was disqualified for three years.
Rob Arthur, defending, said Skonieczny, of Hartington Street, Bedford, had just returned to the country from Poland after his mother died and he was looking for a job when he was stopped.
Skonieczny, who was subject to a community order, was reported to only have completed 30 minutes of it. Luton court had issued a warrant for his arrest and they requested to deal with Skonieczny.
Magistrates remanded him in custody to Lincoln Prison to appear at Luton court on Wednesday.
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west