Driver admits death charge
A WOMAN who admitted causing death by careless driving when she overtook a stationary vehicle and collided head-on with another car, will be sentenced at Crown Court.
Rachael Forster, 23, of Bellview Villas, East Baldon, Tyne and Wear, wept when the charge was read out in court.
Magistrates heard she was driving along the A153 near Honington on September 29 last year when the crash happened, causing the death of a back seat passenger in the other car and leaving the other three occupants with serious injuries.
Magistrates declined jurisdiction and the case was committed to Lincoln Crown Court.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west